Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 6, 2013

Dr Lakra And Tattoos

Dr Lakra

"Dr Lakra (Jeronimo Lopez Ramirez, born 1972, Mexico) is an artist and tattooist based in Oaxaca, Mexico
Apart from tattooing, his art involves embellishing found images and objects—for instance, dolls, old medical illustrations, and pictures in 1950s Mexican magazines—
with macabre or tattoo-style designs
 I was reading though Hell Bound and came across a Mexican artist by the name of Dr. Larka who draws tattoos on models from old 50's magazines. 
Which made me wonder why people find covering their bodies in tattoos a good idea?
Don't get me wrong, I've had them and still have them myself, but they don't cover my body.
My old tattoo ... now just a scar remains where it was.
I was about 17 when I got the one above. 
It was a six pointed star, which I had drawn on with pen, then had a tattooist go over it.
I just wanted a star on my hand, and six pointed ones I could draw the best.
Being a secular Jew, I probably didn't think that one over too well, not that it ever really got me into trouble, but after a year or two I decided to get it removed surgically, just in-case it did. 
I still have a panther on one shoulder and an Australian flag on the other, but at least I can cover them with a shirt, not that they really worry me, but I'd rather they weren't there now. 
Seems to be the normal thing now to be covered in tattoos.
Just about every second footballer you see these days are covered in them.
I just don't see the attraction in it ... Sorry Todd.
Todd Carney, player in the greatest footy club ever;-)
I think I see a familiar name on that member's jersey Todd's wearing ;-)
I was going to write, that when I was a kid you would only see tattoos like that on Carneys.
But since Todd's last name is Carney, I hadn't thought that one through too well, either.
My panther tattoo I got when I was 18.
Having had the above tattoo for about 30 years, I just wonder if the guys that get full body tattoos now will regret it in 20 to 30 years time?
I know I do.
What was I thinking at the time?
It should have been a shark, I've never gone for the Panthers ;-)
I'd like to see this guy in a football jersey.
How weird would that look?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment