Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 9, 2015

Synchronicity: The Unifying Connection?

I was driving down to Byron Bay yesterday with my eldest son, who has just spent 3 weeks in Japan, and we were discussing the subject of Synchronicity.
This came about because I asked my son what he thought about Joe Alexander's new BTTF/9/11 video that I gave him a link to watch, as I helped Joe with some research and ideas while Joe was making this particular video, for which Joe gave me a credit for at the end of the video, along with some other sync-heads who helped Joe as well.
My son is a bit of a skeptic when it comes to synchronicity and as you can tell by this blog I've been writing for years that I am not.
I was trying to explain what synchronicity meant to me, that we are like tiny individual cells in one massive body, seeming separate, but operating through one overriding great intelligence.
I told him how I was a big fan of Carl Jung's work and that too many synchronicities have happened in my life over the past few years, pretty much on a daily basis, and that the odds were way too great to put down to chance.
We had planned to be going to the Byron Bay Writers Festival yesterday (Saturday), but because I was a little short in the hip pocket, I left buying the two tickets until Friday night, when my pay went into my bank account.
Unfortunately, Saturday was already a sell-out, and since we had already bought tickets to a show at 5 pm in the Byron Bay theatre starring a few Aussie comedians who my son is crazy about, we still had to drive down yesterday anyway, so I said that I would just show him my favourite little town Bangalow, then drive down to Byron Bay and walk around for a few hours before the show started.
Chris Taylor & Andrew Hansen in
Conversation with Lionel Corn
Chris Taylor & Andrew Hanson doing
their show yesterday in
Byron Bay
As we were discussing synchronicity, I told him how synch can seemingly connect people in places you would least expect to find them in.
For some reason the world's busiest pedestrian crossing in Japan came into my mind and I asked my son if he had crossed it while he was in Japan.
He told me that his hotel was right near it, and he crossed it heaps of times and told me that he could see it when he looked out his hotel window.
As we were walking around town (Byron Bay) I asked my son if he wanted to see a movie at the Byron Bay cinema, knowing full well that the only film playing at that time was Last Cab to Darwin, an Australian film that I had already seen on Wednesday night in Brisbane with my brother.
When he saw this film was the only one on, he said, "No. I'll give it a miss, as I don't like Australian movies".
I said come on, I'll pay your way in, as I'd like to see it (not telling him that I had already seen it).
I just wanted him to see it, as the storyline I thought was good and hit close to home for me, with my own father (his grandfather) in his twilight years and being a cabdriver for most of his life, as well.
My father in his cab driving uniform,
holding my niece decades ago
My son reluctantly gave in, and we sat down in the cinema to watch Last Cab to Darwin and a trailer came on for a movie that the cinema was only going to screen once, sometime this month.
It was a film I had not heard of before called Unity and in the trailer was the famous Japanese crossing my son and I were talking about on the way down.
Before going to the cinema though we went into The Northern Hotel to take a peek around and saw a few old, signed posters on the wall featuring the bands The White Stripes and The Black Keys, who both had played in this venue at some time in the past apparently.
My son is a fan of The White Stripes and I'm a fan of The Black Keys.
The Northern Hotel
I was telling my son how I had tickets to see The Black Keys play the Byron Bay Bluesfest this year and how I was looking forward to seeing them play at the event, but the drummer hurt his arm and they had to cancel their Aussie gigs.
I told him it turned out OK as I had my ticket transferred to another day of the Bluesfest to see another band I wanted to see play and had a great time anyway.
 He asked me which band I saw with the exchanged ticket and for the life of me I couldn't remember who the band was and why, as I went down there two separate days and couldn't remember which band it was that I got to see play instead.
As we walked around the corner while I racked my brains a busker was playing the song Big Yellow Taxi and I broke into a smile and said to my son, "you won't believe this, but that busker just gave me the answer. It was Counting Crows, because I wanted to hear them sing Big Yellow Taxi, but they didn't sing it." -
I Read the News Today ... Oh,Boy! Sad,but Synchy News on So Many Levels to Me
And I didn't even realize the significance of that synch that the busker was singing about a big yellow taxi while I was thinking how to get my son to go and watch Last Cab to Darwin.
The irony was that while my plan about a week ago was to introduce my son to the Byron Bay Writers Festival, so he could see how good it was for himself, the day turned out very good as a father and son road trip.
I finally got to show him the church that determined my decision to name him Kevin -
We Need to Talk About Kevin 
And I even showed him the resting spot of my wedding ring, while ironically some Japanese tourists asked him to take some pictures of them at Cape Byron, considering he has only been home a week since being a tourist himself in Japan.
Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?
Unfortunately, I never got to get a signed book from another ex-prime minster who also wrote a book about Kevin;-)
Black Sea of Oz?
Writers Festival director Edwina Johnson
 with operations manager, Sarah Ma
I also thought it was cool that Brendan Cowell played a bartender in Last Cab to Darwin and that I met Brendan in Byron Bay years ago at the Writers Festival and bought his book -
How It Feels??? Synchronistic That's How! (Part 1)
How It Feels??? Synchronistic That's How! (Part 2)
Oddly enough, Brendan's next acting role is in a movie titled,
Observance
"In the grip of grief following the death of his young son, his marriage on the rocks and nearing bankruptcy, Parker reluctantly returns to work as a private investigator."

1 comment: