Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 1, 2016

Pop Culture and Synchronicity on the Road

""Jupiter" over Oz?!"
I bought this postcard at the Jindabyne information centre the day after I had walked to the top of Australia's highest peak, Kosciuszko (April 22nd) and when I get home, I see Jake Kotze had posted a mash-up of the planets Jupiter and Saturn and named it Jupiturn in response to Miley Cyrus's tattoo of "Jupiter".
I knew nothing about Miley's tattoo at the time, in fact it would be the following week that it would hit social media.
Jake Kotze's Jupiturn mash-up
Miley Cyrus's tattoo of "Jupiter"
I wrote a post a few weeks ago about Jupiter getting hit by a comet on Jake's and Grimes birthday (March 17) in this post in the link below -
Jupiter Gets Hit on Jake Kotze's Birthday?!
Then I go to Australia's Country Music capital Tamworth the next day and the same Oz/"Jupiter" image is on a purple cup and of course I knew about Prince passing away by then, so I bought the cup to remember that Prince passed away that week that I was on my road-trip.
The cup sitting on the shelf of the
Golden Guitar shop in Tamworth
I also picked up a purple dancing skeleton bookmark the same day I picked up the "Jupiter" postcard in Jindabyne, and bought that because I heard about Prince's passing that week.
Purple Reign?
And today I see Miley happens to be in Oz with the Hemsworth family and getting another tattoo in Byron Bay, the town I got my last tattoo in -
Life Support?
237 comments?!
Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky cement their friendship over their love for Hemsworth brothers with matching tattoos
I had a 237 moment yesterday (Sunday) when I hit the Crystal Castle driveway and saw my car clock was showing 2:37pm and had to pull over, as I was driving up the driveway before it changed to 2:38pm before I could get the shot.
2:37pm when I hit the Crystal Castle 
yesterday on my 
Byron journey
I had gone up to Crystal Castle after just having seen the movie Captain America: Civil War at the Ballina cinemas, and to buy a scroll with the Spiral and the Native American saying on it, which is what I take the movie The Revenant to be based on -
The Secret of 'The Revenant'
The Spiral scroll hanging in my living room now
Jake had also posted this Instagram he made about world peace and I had also bought a 24 piece earth globe key-ring puzzle at the Jindabyne info centre, when I bought the bookmark and postcard. 
Small world ... literally;-)
The Jindabyne cinema where I saw Batman v Superman
Ironically there is a cinema connected to the Jindabyne info centre and the movie that I saw the night before, which was playing there was Batman v Superman ... so much for world peace.
I must say that this was the smallest cinema ticket I've ever bought.
I'll be writing more about this movie and the personal synchronicities I had before seeing it in a future post.
So stay tuned to this same Bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment