Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 14, 2016

Green Eyes, a Marker of Alien Hybridity?!

I had recently bought the new X-Files series on DVD, because I didn't get a chance to watch them when they aired earlier this year.
I really liked this series, which now makes me want to watch the original TV series, something I never did watch, even though over the years I've said that I would hire them out on DVD and start watching them, especially since a few years ago I bought Chris Knowles' co-authored book about the original series.
All the shows I've seen, Scully appears
 to have
blue eyes though
This morning, I saw Chris had written a new post about what he thought of the new X-Files episodes -
Dog Days: Another Look at the X-Files Reboot
What got my attention in his post was when Chris wrote, "Carter repeatedly signals her hybrid status by zooming in on her green eyes, a marker of alien hybridity in UFO lore."
This was a real eye-opener to me, as this was the first I had heard of this theory, not really being that much into the UFO scene myself.
My green eye
But the thing that got me was that I have green eyes myself, which I thought was a common colour, but after Googling around on human eye colour only 2% of the world population have green eyes.
Green Eyes: Learn Why People Who Have Them Are So Unique!
 "Green eyes are beautiful to look at. They are also extremely unique and very rare! It has been estimated that only 2% of the world’s population has green eyes. To give you an idea of just how special green eyes are, consider this factoid. Currently, it is estimated that around 7 billion people live on the planet. Going by the math, this means only 140 million people have some shade of green as an eye color. There are only a handful of celebrities who have green eyes and even a smaller number who are male.
If you are one of these people – consider yourself lucky" 
I took a series of photos with my iPod so I could compare my eyes with other so called "green eyes" on the net, and they seem to measure up against those eyes, so it looks like I do indeed have green eyes.
I don't think that makes me a hybrid, but it does put me into an eye colour minority, which I never realized how rare my eye colour was until today.
You could be an alien hybrid if....
I thought it was interesting that a lady I bought a blue alien statue off a few years ago was pictured in an article that came up when I was Googling about green eyes.
Cynthia
Our close encounters: Meet the alien abductees - and the pictures they drew to prove they weren't imagining it all...
Is that you dad?-)
25 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Had Green Eyes

UPDATE: 22nd, October, 2016
Felicity Jones, the Girl with the Green (Alien?-) Eyes

UPDATE: August 24th, 2020
Green with a hazel splash, maybe?
I started watching Season 1 of the X-Files this week and noticed that if anyone in the TV show has the green eyes out of the two it's Mulder/Duchovny, rather than Scully/Anderson, whose eyes sure look blue in most shots to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment