Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 2, 2016

Eureka! Friday's Joy?

I wrote a post on the 21st of August about my visit to the 88th floor of the Eureka Tower on Friday June 24(carat?) when I landed back in Melbourne from my week over on the island state -
When This Baby Hits 88 I Think We're Going to See Some Serious ... Views
My golden ticket as a sign that
I'm about to strike it rich
?
Did someone say golden ticket?-)
Then I see a story all over the Australian media on the 25th of August about a prospector who found a 4kg gold nugget in the Victorian gold fields on a Friday worth $250,000 (although they fail to mention which Friday in the article) and named the nugget 'Friday's Joy'.

Gold nugget weighing more than 4kg found in Central Victoria
"A gold nugget weighing more than four kilograms has been found in Victoria.
According to metal detecting manufacturer Minelab, the discovery was made in a worked-over area on the southern edge of central Victoria's Golden Triangle.
Victoria's Golden Triangle
It said the 145-ounce nugget, named Friday's Joy, could be worth up to $250,000.

The lucky prospector, who has chosen to remain anonymous, said he found the nugget 12 inches below the ground.
"I thought it was rubbish at first, maybe an old horseshoe," he said.
"As I began to scrape away the clay and dig deeper, I really couldn't believe my eyes - this wasn't an old piece of steel in front of me. 
Minelab said the prospector, who has used his weekends to search for gold and coins for the past 10 years, found a 9-ounce nugget the day before.
Rita Bentley from the Prospectors and Miners Association said the more recent find had caused excited around the world, and that many Victorian locals would be heading out into the bush.
"There'll be a lot of detectors dusted off that have been sitting in cupboards," she said.
"I would imaging there will be some new people who thought 'I've always wanted to try that', and this will be what pushes them over the edge, buy a miner's right and get out there.
"I imagine there'll be a mini gold rush going on."
The man said he planned to buy a van and travel around Australia after the finds.
The nugget is being kept in a safe and a replica will be made."
I'm hoping this is some kind of a lucky personal synchronicity for me, with me being up the Eureka Tower on a Friday.
And I do bank with Bendigo Bank, Bendigo being a town in that golden triangle pictured above.
Today being a Friday I think I might go down the road and play some keno at my local club and see if I can strike a bit of 'Friday's Joy' for myself.
After-all life's a gamble anyway, as they say;-)
They say,"there's a sucker
born every minute", too;-)
Gene Wilder
(June 11, 1933 –
August 29, 2016)
Oh, and one more crazy synchronicity here with all of the gold, eureka and ticket themes in this post, the Friday after the massive gold nugget story appeared in the news was Daffodil Day (August 26th) and the man who played the man who handed out the golden tickets passed away on the 29th of August.
Passed away just after Daffodil Day
 on August 29, 2016
Gene Wilder’s Other Legacy: His Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
"Wilder, who died at 83 this Sunday, was devastated by Radner’s death—and convinced that Radner had suffered more greatly because her doctors were less aware of the condition, which delayed her diagnosis. 
When they ultimately realized what was wrong, it was too late. 
Wilder chronicled the end of Radner’s life in a tearful essay for People in 1991."
And on another personal note, my father is in a home suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment