Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 13, 2017

Don's Dirty Laundry Downunder

I saw Don Henley from ‘The Eagles’ play in Brisbane last night and boy he was giving it to Trump every chance he had.
.
He opened the show with his song ‘Dirty Laundry’ (a song about TV news presenters) then told the audience that Australia was a really long way away from America and that was a good thing for Australians.
Obviously, Don hasn't read Malcolm Fraser's book 'Dangerous Allies' which I wrote about in this post -
Malcolm Fraser in the signing
tent next to 
Richard Clapton
Then he said he was going to play a song from 1972 when Nixon was in the White-house and how times hadn’t changed that much.
And he even did a pretty good cover version of a 'Tears For Fears’ song of ‘Everybody Wants to Rule the World’.
Somehow, I get the impression that Don didn’t vote for Trump.
Don probably should have also sung a cover version of 'Tears For Fears''s 'Mad World'.
Don Henley on stage in Brisbane last night at Sirromet winery 
I even got a kick out of what seemed to me to be a quote out of the movie 'Birdman' when Don had a go at an audience member who was filming him sing by saying "have a real experience" and to stop viewing the world through the camera.
The guitars going off during 'Hotel California'
Don even sung 'Hotel California' for us, and I was a bit worried that I would never leave the winery, and when I tried to drive out of the carpark after the show it felt like I wasn't going to leave, either;-)
Looking from the top of the hill to one
of the 
carparks behind the stage
And on a personal synchy note I didn't even realize this Don Henley concert was on until I got an e-mail from the winery on Saturday telling me about a wine sale on April 8th of all days, as this was my father's birthday and the date my Nan passed away on also.
When I saw the e-mail, I wondered who was playing on Sunday and found out it was Don Henley, Jewel, Richard Clapton and Melody Pool.
Even though I had heard about this concert months ago I thought it had come and gone, so I took this as a sign that I should get a ticket if the concert wasn't sold out already, and go ... which I did.
And I'm glad that I did go now, it was worth every cent ... to have a real experience:-)
Cheers Don.
Ironically, sometimes I had to watch Don on
 the big screen when people in front stood up 

1 comment: