Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 17, 2017

Plant Medicine, Rune Soup and Dandelions

The Dandelion plant growing from
 a crack in my carport concrete
 
Becky's website and blog,
Blood
and Spicebush
I had just listened to the above podcast at the Rune Soup site a few days ago and Gordon and Becky caught my attention at around the 26-minute mark when the talk turned to Dandelions growing in the backyard and again at around the 56-minute mark.
I think if I had a plant equivalent of a spirit animal in the plant world the Dandelion would probably be mine. 
The unit that I'm renting at the moment has no plants (or weeds) whatsoever, barring this single Dandelion weed poking out of a crack in my carport.
The front and back of the unit is concrete and pavers, so no plants or weeds grow inside the unit's boundary.
And the only plant growing inside my unit is a piece of lucky bamboo on the kitchen bench.
I like the symbology of the Dandelion growing in the cracks of my unit's concrete, like it is a message for me in a way and I like the synchronicity of finding this plant growing just after listening to Gordon and Becky talking plant magic ... I mean plants really are magical when you think about it and we need plants in so many ways just to stay alive on this planet.
I love the idea of being in communion with the plant-world and while I'm not really a believer in Hoodoo (I see Hoodoo as something akin to the placebo effect) I am fascinated in ayahuasca journeys, not that I've done any ayahuasca trips and I'm aware that like anything in this world there are dangers involved -
Ayahuasca: Grieving parents issue warning to backpackers after son's death on jungle drug retreat
But one day I may swallow my fears and spew them back up again in a South American jungle somewhere, but in the meantime, I may just sip on a Dandelion coffee substitute while reading and listening about the magic of the plant world and what we can learn about it and what it may have to teach us.
Dandelion Paperweights
Anyway, great podcast and check out Becky's website and her artwork at her site.
I love the crab drawing, as it reminds me of the crab synchs that I wrote about in this post the other day -
Paul Carter: When Taoism and Synchronicity Collide

No comments:

Post a Comment