Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 25, 2013

Temple of Fire Sync

The discovery, dubbed the Temple of Fire
I saw this story below on my local news site about a 5000 year-old temple that was discovered in Peru this year, and I don't know why, but I put it into my favorites file as I felt it was significant in some way.
Peru archaeologists find 5,000yo temple
" A temple believed to be about 5,000 years old has been discovered at the ancient El Paraiso archaeological site in a valley just north of Lima in Peru.
If the date is confirmed, it would be among the oldest sites in the world, comparable to the ancient city of Caral, a coastal city 200 kilometres to the north.
The discovery, dubbed the Temple of Fire, was found in one of the wings of El Paraiso's main pyramid.
It includes a hearth that experts believe was used to burn ceremonial offerings.
"The smoke allowed the priests to connect with the gods," said Marco Guillen, who led the team of researchers who made the find.
Archaeologists found the hearth in mid-January as they were carrying out conservation work at a set of 4,000-year-old ruins known as El Paraiso, located 40 kilometres north-east of Lima in the Chillon River Valley.
Deputy culture minister Rafael Varon told reporters the discovery shows "that the Lima region was a focus of civilisations in the Andean territory".
Archaeologists believe the ancient coastal civilisations raised crops including cotton, which they traded with coastal fishermen for food.
El Paraiso, spread across 50 hectares, has 10 buildings and is one of the largest ancient sites in central Peru. "
Today I was sorting out and deleting links out of my favorite file and was thinking of deleting this story, because I couldn't see why it would be of importance to me. 
Then I see my blogging friend Dedroidify had posted the above movie on his blog called Stepping into the Fire.  
Stepping into the Fire - Ayahuasca documentary
Great movie.
I just love "coincidence", don't you?-)

UPDATE:
Confession: The body of 18-year-old
Kyle Joseph Nolan, right, was discovered
in the Amazon after Peruvian Shaman
 Jose Pineda Vargas, admitted to
burying him to cover up
the teen's death from a medicinal drink
Unfortunately, there is a tragic sting in the tale to this video -
Peruvian shaman confesses he buried body of U.S. teen who died from drinking hallucinogenic herbal brew at spiritual retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment